How to follow the 2021 Aon Maadi Cup
The Aon Maadi Cup regatta is the National Championships for secondary school rowing in New Zealand. The regatta is a New Zealand Secondary School Rowing Association (NZSSRA) and Rowing NZ event and remains New Zealand's largest rowing regatta. It is hosted by Karapiro Rowing and South Island Rowing on alternative years.
The 2021 Aon Maadi Cup will be held at Lake Karapiro from 22 - 27 March. In what will be the event’s biggest in history, over 2,623 competitors from 122 schools are expected to compete with over 8,000 spectators.
How to follow all the action
- A full event schedule, entries and live results will be available on rowit.nz by 20 March
- An event programme will be available online at rowingnz.kiwi from 22 March. The event programme contains Finals race schedules, competing club codes and colours, full 2021 entries, and details of all trophies and all historic results.
- A live stream of racing will be available on Friday 26 and Saturday 27 March at maadi.co.nz
- Photos, videos and updates will be posted regularly on the Aon Maadi Cup's Instagram and Facebook platforms
- SKY Sports will screen a highlights package on the 2021 Aon Maadi Cup from 1 April
|1 April||5.30pm - 6.30pm||SKY Sport Select Channel 50|
|2 April||9am - 10am||SKY Sport Select Channel 50|
|3 April||6am - 7am||SKY Sport Select Channel 50|
|4 April||12pm - 1pm||SKY Sport Select Channel 50|
Fostering secondary school rowing is incredibly important – it generates talent for future New Zealand representatives, but more importantly it helps grow New Zealand’s youth into great people. Aon New Zealand has a strong record of supporting young New Zealanders, assisting them to achieve their potential in the sports of their choosing.
In recent years their support has stretched to working with secondary schools directly and providing much needed equipment. The Aon Maadi Cup remains one of the biggest secondary school sporting events in New Zealand and we’re proud to work alongside Aon to bring it to life each year.