2020 Rocket Foods New Zealand Rowing Championships
The 2020 Rocket Foods New Zealand Rowing Championships will be held in Cambridge on Lake Karapiro from Tuesday 18 – Saturday 22 February, with Sunday 23 February reserved as a spare day in case of bad weather.
This is the pinnacle domestic rowing event in New Zealand with the country's top rowers competing for illustrious national championship honours.
- Entries closed at 8 am yesterday (Tuesday 4 February) with 832 athletes from 47 clubs entered, including multiple World Champion and Olympic athletes
- The regatta includes 81 events, with the largest number of entries in the men’s club double sculls (38 entries)
- The regatta includes 5 days of racing including three days of finals – Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- A full event schedule, entries and live results will be available on rowit.nz
- Any changes to race schedules will be communicated via the Rowing NZ App
- An event programme will be available to collect from the office beneath the Finish Tower, and will also be available online at rowingnz.kiwi from 14 February. The event programme contains finals race schedules, competing club codes and colours, full 2020 entries, details of all trophies and all historic results.
- The NZCT New Zealand Canoe Sprint Championships are being held 14-16 February on Lake Karapiro.
- Availability of the rowing course on Monday 17 February is dependent on the removal of the NZCT New Zealand Canoe Sprint Championships course and laying of the 2km course, which is planned to take place on Sunday 16 February at the conclusion of racing. Alternative training options for consideration throughout this period have been provided directly to all clubs and coaches entered in the event, and are available to view here.
- The boat park will be available for boats to be unloaded from noon on Saturday.
- Merchandise will be available on-site Tuesday - Friday, with an Online 2XU store open now.
- The Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games begin 24 July and as such, all members of the Rowing NZ Summer Squad are remaining in their designated disciplines throughout the 2020 Rocket Foods New Zealand Rowing Championships. In this important year, this decision means that Rowing Performance Centres have been unable to enter crews in all Premier events. In accordance with regatta rules, the following events will not be held in 2020 due to nil or solo entries: Women’s Premier Quad, Women’s U22 Four, Women’s U19 Coxed Four, Women’s Lightweight Double and Women’s Premier Eight.
Rocket Foods are Rowing NZ’s principal partners and naming rights sponsor for the Rocket Foods New Zealand Rowing Championships. Rocket Foods strives to provide the best wholesale bakery products to New Zealand. Their products are sold at cafes, supermarkets and other eateries nationwide. All their baked products have been designed by chefs and skilled bakers, and they’ve refined our recipes over 20 years, so you can trust us that they are good!