2019 Coaches Conference
The Rowing NZ Coaches Conference is back for 2019 - Youth coaching: the brain, the body, the boat
Join us at Novotel Cathedral Square, Christchurch 21-22 September to kick-start your rowing season. Speakers' presentations will focus on all things brain, body and boat related.
Saturday | commences 8.45am
Sunday | concludes 3.30pm
Keynote speaker Nathan Wallis has been captivating audiences over 250 times per year to sell-out events in New Zealand, Australia, & China. Nathan is a father of three and foster father to many. His professional background includes early childhood teacher, child therapist, social service manager, university lecturer and neuroscience trainer. Nathan's experience will be sure to bring entertainment and knowledge around understanding young athletes.
Other speakers and topics include:
- Warrick Wood, Massey University: Self-determined motivation in young athletes
- Marianne Delaney-Hoshek, Canterbury Tactix: Culture and athlete development
- John Quinn, HPSNZ sport psychologist: Mental health and wellbeing
- Plus sport specific sessions on technique, physiotherapy, energy availability, coxswain coaching and boat safety.
- Conference only - $200
- Conference and dinner function on Saturday evening - $230
Tickets will be available to purchase online or in person at the Rowing NZ office from the first week of July. Ticket sales are limited.
Novotel will be offering conference rates for both Novotel and Ibis. Bookings must be made directly with Novotel.
Please contact Rebecca Beattie on email@example.com for all enquiries.