- Contact Advertiser
- Wellington Rowing Club
- Applications Close
- 19 October
- Date Listed
- 10 October
Wellington Rowing Club is the largest rowing club in the Wellington Region with approximately 250 active and university members.
Its development program has produced many RPC and New Zealand representatives over the years.
Over recent years the WRC has performed to distinction, winning the Rowing New Zealand, Rowing Club of the Year in 2015/16 and being a finalist for the past two years in the Sport Wellington sports club of the year category.
Based on the waterfront bordering Whairepo Lagoon in central Wellington, the Club offers excellent training facilities with a full boatshed, erg training room and function centre. WRC also has a base at the Northern end of the harbour as part of the Wellington Rowing Associations shed in Petone.
The role of WRC Operations Manager is a new role that has the capacity to touch on many aspects of WRC operations. Primarily the role is to assist the Club Captain.
This role reports to the Club Captain and is supported/supports the WRC Board/Committee which meets monthly throughout the year. The current committee brings an excellent range of skills to the table and has a genuine passion for the sport and the Club.
We are looking for someone who has a strong sporting and sports administration background. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. Social Media/Website experience is advantageous.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION
- Directly reports to the Club Captain/Vice Captain
- Assist the Club captain/Vice Captain to;
- Coordinate the volunteer group for WRC
- Coordinate club/schools/university/masters’
- Training schedule
- Regatta logistics
- Away weekends
- Plant usage
- Coordinate scheduled coaches meeting dates, bookings with Wharewaka and refreshments
- Maintain a WRC wide communication list/emails/cell numbers
- Attend monthly WRC club meetings
- Administer/ clerical duties for CC/VC
- Update WRC information / bulletin board downstairs (upcoming events/committee/officers etc)
- Assist the safety officer to ensure compliance with coach boat courses and membership requirements.
- Liaise with WRC cleaners/ maintenance sub-contractors / CC as & where asked/needed by CC/committee or CC/VC
As time permits
- Assist Maintenance team as/where needed
- Assist the grants officer with fundraising applications
- Assist the communications officer with the WRC newsletter
- Update/maintain the WRC asset list for insurance purposes with Treasurer
- Assist the committee as/where needed
Remuneration is negotiable for the person with the right skills and experience. The current nominal rate is $25+Gst per hour.
The role is part time and of higher intensity for the Summer season of rowing (1 Oct – 30 March) and a lower commitment over the Winter (1 April – 30 Sept). We expect 15 hours per week for the Summer months and 10 hours per week over the Winter. As this is a new role, we will reconsider the working hours at the end of the first 6 month period.
There is flexibility to work from home, with a car park available when required at the Clubrooms.
The successful applicant would need to be self-employed and manage their own tax/GST/ACC/insurance and Kiwisaver requirements. Leave is by mutual agreement between the applicant and the Club Captain.
The job is based in Wellington. Unfortunately we will not be able to offer relocation.
Please reply in the first instance to email@example.com Applications close on Saturday 19th October