- Contact Advertiser
- Diocesan School for Girls
- Applications Close
- 22 July
- Date Listed
- 11 July
- Assistant Director of Sport able to manage staff, initiatives and Rowing programme as well as minor winter codes.
- Assisting the Director of Sport with staff management, initiatives and strategic direction for sport.
- Managing Rowing programme and Rowing Committee
- Attending all Regattas and Camps
- Sports coordination and organisation experience
- In depth knowledge of school sports programmes
- We are seeking an experienced Assistant Director of Sport (or individual working at this level) to coordinate, organise and manage, as part of a team, our school extra-curricular sporting activities. The Assistant Director of Sport as well as each Sports Manager is responsible for a portfolio of sports and for this vacancy, we seek in particular, the ability to manage staff across code initiatives and a full time Rowing Manager. Experience and understanding of Rowing would be an advantage.
Diocesan School for Girls is a place of academic, sporting and cultural excellence. We are a high performing independent Anglican School with state of the art educational and sporting facilities. Our school is a place of innovation and inspiration, where we help girls develop skills for the ever-changing world.
The successful applicant will be required to foster and maintain close relationships with students, parents, teachers, coaches and school and community sporting bodies. In this role the applicant will be part of a team responsible for the coordination of summer and winter sports, event management, sport development and sport administration.
This role involves working closely with sports managers, sport coaches and sport committees to develop a series of best practice sport coaching and management, so strong verbal and written communication skills are key. The School provides generous support, resources and competitive terms and conditions to encourage all staff and contractors to reach their highest professional standards, and our girls to achieve their best.
Applicants must have proven organisational skills, be a team player and enjoy problem solving. Experience and knowledge of school sports programs is a must, ideally with qualifications in sport management. The Assistant Sports Director role involves flexible working hours including some weekend work.
Applications close on the 22 July 2019
For a copy of the full job description please contact Katie Glynn (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, then please forward a letter of application and CV to Katie Glynn at email@example.com