- Contact Advertiser
- Samuel Marsden Collegiate School
- Applications Close
- 07 July
- Date Listed
- 10 June
Samuel Marsden Collegiate School, Karori, Wellington is seeking Rowing Coaches, or a Coaching team, to lead our successful and developing school rowing programme.
We are a high-performing independent Anglican school with an outstanding reputation for excellence in all aspects of achievement. With a focus on an holistic education, we develop in our students the grit and grace to support them in lives of meaning.
The ideal candidate/s will have:
- A record of coaching success, demonstrating expertise in the technical aspects of rowing, fitness and conditioning, nutrition and motivation.
- Proven experience coaching teenagers with a passion for rowing and developing young adults.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be equally comfortable engaging with athletes, parents and school stakeholders.
- Strong organisation skills and an ability to build a sustainable programme that delivers the aspiration of the schools rowing strategy.
- Be able to develop a culture of excellence while maintaining a fun, exciting and enthusiastic environment for the girls to enjoy and excel.
- The ability to work as a team with other coaches for the benefit of the girls and the overall rowing programme.
- Have the willingness to embrace the school’s approach to student wellbeing which is based on the science of positive psychology.
Caoches will be expected to lead a squad of up to 30 rowers throughout the season and undertake all tasks associated with running a successful, in-season, school rowing programme. You need to be available early mornings and after school, including weekends, and be able to schedule training and sessions by working closely within the Wellington Rowing Club system.
The Samuel Marsden Rowing Committee (SMRC) is committed to supporting and developing our coaches in the sport. If you have had some experience and are wanting to find a supportive school to apply yourself and develop your trade, then this role is for you.
We have built a strong foundation for the rowing programme with significant investment in upgraded boats, trailers and rowing equipment to ensure Rowing remains a successful and well supported sport within the school.
As well as having the opportunity to work with a great squad of girls, you will work closely with the SMRC, parents and the school Director of Sport to develop our rowing programme to achieve the aspiration of our rowing strategy.
Each role is a paid, part-time position and reports to the Director of Sport. Remuneration will be dependent on the qualifications and experience of the Coaches.
Rowing Coaches with experience and passion for seeing young athletes develop to their full potential in a fun and positive environment are encouraged to apply.
Hours per week required: min 25 hours per week
Eliott Brookes Director of Sport - firstname.lastname@example.org