Rowing NZ Coaches Conference 2019 - Ticket only - CLOSED
21 Sep 2019
- 21 Sep 2019 - 22 Sep 2019
- 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Novotel Cathedral Square, Christchurch, New Zealand
Registrations for the coaches conference are now closed. Please contact Rebecca Beattie for conference details.
The Rowing NZ Coaches Conference is back for 2019 - Youth coaching: the brain, the body, the boat
Join us at Novotel Cathedral Square, Christchurch 21-22 September to kick-start your rowing season. Speakers' presentations will focus on all things brain, body and boat related.
Date: 21 - 22nd September 2019
Time: Conference registration will open 7:30am Saturday 21st September. The conference will commence at 8:45am Saturday 21st and conclude 3:30pm Sunday 22nd September.
Accommodation: To book accommodation for either Novotel or Ibis please go to the link below. To change the hotels from Novotel/Ibis use the drop down box on the left.
Registration and ticket purchase: All attendees must register through the RNZ website Event Calendar. All attendees must have paid in full prior to the conference. Tickets will be available for purchase at the RNZ office and online leading up to the conference.
Cancellation Policy: There is a cancellation policy on all tickets and accommodation which the ticket buyer will agree to at the time of registration.
Keynote speaker Nathan Wallis has been captivating audiences over 250 times per year to sell-out events in New Zealand, Australia, & China. Nathan is a father of three and foster father to many. His professional background includes early childhood teacher, child therapist, social service manager, university lecturer and neuroscience trainer. Nathan's experience will be sure to bring entertainment and knowledge around understanding young athletes.
Other speakers and topics include:
- Warrick Wood, Massey University: Self-determined motivation in young athletes
- Marianne Delaney-Hoshek, Mainland Tactix: Culture and athlete development
- John Quinn, HPSNZ sport psychologist: Mental health and wellbeing
- Hugh Galvin, Sport NZ
- Christel Dunshea-Mooij, HPSNZ - featuring Gary Hay and Katie Schofield
- Duncan Holland, RNZ Coach Developer
- John O'Connor, Southern RPC and U23 coach
- Nick Barton, Waikato RPC and Lead Junior coach
- Cameron Boland, RNZ physiotherapist
- Logan Keys, RNZ US scholarship liason
- Nat Bocock and Sam Bosworth, RNZ coxswains
To register simply click the link above and follow the prompts. We look forward to seeing you on 21st September.